Friday, March 23, 2012

Hello World

Of course the thought with the first post on a blog is that it is going to be fantastic and seen by millions.

That could be, but not today. The fact is, if this gets read it will be in the future when the bulk of what’s written here has generated interest and someone wants to see what my first entry looked like. So here it is.

Hello reader. I never really expected you. I’m glad you’re here, and I hope you are enjoying yourself. It’s the day of the photo shoot for our 25th wedding anniversary. My tech son and daughter-in-law are here from South Carolina, my Air Traffic Control son is up from Miami, my two daughters are taking time from school to hang with us, and my youngest son was up until who knows when with his oldest brother.

Chattanooga is a beautiful sight from the mountain, but I suppose cities look great from above. But I think Chattanooga particularly so. There’s the serpentine Tennessee River that winds through it. The street lights are particularly white without that odd amber color. There’s a hell of a lot of them too, all crowded together like a Christmas tree on steroids.

It was foggy last night and driving was troublesome. That being said, I travelled four hours round trip to pick up my ATC son at Atlanta airport, my tech son drove over from Charleston, my youngest son and oldest daughter (who graduates college in six weeks!) went to the midnight showing of “Hunger Games.” So I guess we’re just thrill-seekers.

The house is starting to stir now, so I’ll just close on that. See you next time.

Ken


No comments:

Post a Comment